What have I been up to?
Right back in the thick of things! And school is on!! I am in my senior year of high school, taking a full coarse load! Outside of my music, which is daily, I am spending a lot of time looking into university programs that focus on writing composition and more popular/rock music.
1. Myself, Aja9, Lauren Isenberg, Raina Harten and Jake Donaldson are doing a concert to raise money for victims of Hurricanes Harvey and Irma. This will be a really exciting event with amazing door prizes given out throughout the show. It's only $10 in advance and $12 at the door. Don't miss out on this opportunity!!! It is going to be amazing!
Sunday October 29th, 2017 at The Hideout on College St. Doors open at 6:30pm; show starts at 7pm. Click here to purchase tickets.
2. Indie Week!!! On November 8th from 8:30pm to 9pm, I will be playing at The NightOwl at 647 College St. Admission is free. Please come and join me and my band!
3. On October 14th at the Toronto Baha'i Center at 7:30pm, I will be performing the song "I Rise Above" (a song about Jacob Schwartz from Jacob's Ladder) with other talented singers and musicians. This event will be celebrating the 200th anniversary of the Birth of Baha'u'llah (1817-1892). To hear this amazing song, click here to go to iTunes.
4. I am so privileged to be asked to perform at some incredible charity events! One of them is for Three To Be. Three To Be was inspired by triplets born 3.5 months prematurely and all later diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. This organization's goal is to gain public support and attention on neurological disorders.
On October 18th at 7:15pm, I will be performing with other very talented singers at their Connect Gala dinner.
5. Last but not least, On November 1st, 2017, I will be performing at the 5th Annual Fundraiser Concert in memory of Sheldon. Sheldon Shaul passed away from cancer. All money collected will go to the Dr. Sheldon Shaul Special Fund at The Temmy Latner Centre for Palliative care.
The event will take place at Hugh’s Room Live, 2261 Dundas Street West. Doors open at 6pm; concert start time is 8pm. Ticket prices are $25 in advance and $30 at the door.
6. Music Ontario's 2017 Canadian Songwriter Challenge was beyond incredible!!! I am privileged to have had the opportunity to work with such incredible mentors as Robyn Dell'Unto, Adrian Eccleston (Adrian X) and Bill Bell. I was so lucky to have been partnered with the extremely talented Tam Duong. I also met some other incredibly talented singer/songwriters that I will continue to keep in touch with.
In the 3 days, we wrote 3 songs. Click each link to listen to the songs:
Let Me Be The One - https://soundcloud.com/musicontario/let-me-be-the-one-tam-duong
7. Remember I mentioned in September that David Crosby tweeted about my music? See below for what he said after he heard my song "Dream" from one of my incredible fan's post on twitter. Click here to listen!
Well, it didn't stop there! I totally freaked out when I saw his next post!
8. I collaborated with the exceptionally talented Sina Drums on a classic Kinks song called 'Waterloo Sunset' !!! Sina is a 17 year old drummer who has 200K subscribers on her channel and has a hugely devoted following!! Sina has also worked with other incredible singers such as Avonlea, Jadyn Rylee, Jasmine Thompson and Lauren Isenberg.
Click here to watch!
You can also check out her new album called Your Song Book at https://girls-got-groove.com/music/yoursongbook-best-covers-of-2017/
9. Catch me in a PSA commercial for Canadian Cancer Society. Click here to watch!